Tuesday 1 January 2013

Games I played in 2012

I’m not one for end of year posts, but it's been a pretty eventful year for me. I moved to Canada, started a new job at Ubisoft Montreal, began work on Watch Dogs (and had a secret previous project leaked/revealed in the form of Streets of Rage…), but that's all relatively obvious at this stage and I've already talked about it before.

So what did I actually do this year? Well, I played a pretty large amount of games, especially for someone engaged deep in development - quite a feat I assure you. I’ll list off what I managed to finish this year separated by system, a game of the year list, this is not.

Xbox 360

  • Goldeneye 007 Reloaded
  • Battlefield 3
  • Modern Warfare 3
  • Deus Ex Human Revolution
  • Far Cry 2
  • Rayman Origins
  • LA Noire
  • GTA IV: The Lost and Damned
  • Wet
  • Prince of Persia (2008)
  • Dante's Inferno
  • Assassin's Creed
  • GRAW 2
  • Batman Arkham City
  • Saw
  • TMNT

Xbox Live Arcade

  • The Walking Dead
  • Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
  • Sonic The Hedgehog
  • Raskulls

Playstation 3

  • Resistance 3
  • Killzone 3
  • Uncharted
  • Uncharted 2
  • Starhawk
  • inFAMOUS

Playstation Vita

  • Uncharted Vita
  • Lumines: Electronic Symphony

Nintendo 3DS

  • Zelda: Ocarine of Time 3D
  • Resident Evil: Revelations

Nintendo GBA

  • Zelda: The Minish Cap

PC

  • Half-Life
  • Half-Life: Opposing Force
  • Half-Life: Decay
  • Half-Life: Blue Shift

iOS

  • 10000000
  • Plants vs Zombies
  • Batman Arkham City Lockdown
  • Rebuild

Not a bad stab at my pile of shame, huh? To summarise, it seems that my platform of choice is most definitely the Xbox 360, the Playstation 3 is reserved purely for platform and exclusives, and I didn’t play a whole lot of iOS or downloadable titles this year.

I hope next year I play a couple more up to date titles…